Wonderstruck Trailer: New York, in Two Magical Eras
Todd Haynes’s newest movie is Wonderstruck, adapted from the Brian Selznick (The Invention of Hugo Cabret) young-adult book of the same name. Wonderstruck tells the parallel stories of a pair of deaf children separated by time: Ben (Oakes Fegley of Pete’s Dragon) lives in 1977 and has recently lost his mom (Michelle Williams) in a car accident, and Rose (Millicent Simmonds) is butting heads with an overbearing dad (James Urbaniak) in 1927. Both arrive in New York City trying to track down adults they love. He’s looking for his missing father; she’s searching for a movie star she idolizes (Julianne Moore). One era is set in black and white; the other in vibrant color. See Wonderstruck in theaters October 20.
- Cameron Britton Thought About Killing His Mom While Filming Mindhunter
- How the Ladies of Ibiza Get F*cked-up Around the World
- Watch Jonathan Van Ness Fangirl Over Justin Theroux in Charlie’s Angels
- Retta Is Over People Telling Her to ‘Treat Yo’ Self’
- Rachel Bloom Gloriously Roasts Adam Pally for His Shorty Awards Performance
- 7 Star Wars Spinoffs That We’d Like to See
- Rest in Power Examines How Trayvon Martin’s Death Sparked a Movement
- Watch People Try to Recap Every Marvel Movie
- How Close Are We To Real-Life Westworld Robots?
- The Women of Killing Eve Are Ready to Break Boundaries
- 9 of the Most Ridiculous Scenes From the Original Lost in Space