Killing of a Sacred Deer Clip: Nicole Kidman and Colin Farrell Bicker Over Mashed Potatoes
Nicole Kidman and Colin Farrell’s two children are plagued with a mysterious disease in this clip from The Killing of a Sacred Deer. They, uh, have different ways of dealing with this: Farrell’s character tries to make small talk over dinner. Kidman’s character wants to cut the bullshit. When he asks her — very politely, very casually — to make mashed potatoes, Kidman gives a brilliantly deadpan reply, her best work this side of Big Little Lies. “Sometimes, Steven, you’re just an incompetent man who goes on and on saying stupid things like ‘Let’s do a scan,’ ‘Let’s do an ultrasound,’ ‘Let’s wear brown socks,’ ‘Let’s go to the beach house,’” she says. “Our two children are dying in the other room, but yes I can make you mashed potatoes.” And that, kids, is a read so thorough it snatched away my appetite.
- 7 Questions Stranger Things 2 Leaves Unanswered
- Who Are Rey’s Parents?
- The One Meal No Comic Should Eat Before a Set, According to Kyle Kinane
- Taylor Swift’s Journey From Country Starlet to Pop Superstar
- Ron Funches Comes Onstage Like a Wrestler Entering the Ring
- Love Actually Can Very Easily Be Turned Into a Horror Movie
- The Secret Feminist History of Witches, As Told by a Practicing Witch
- Natasha Leggero Has a Bold Rider Request
- Are Eleven and the Demogorgon in Stranger Things Connected?
- The Bob’s Burgers Cast Improvises a Mini-Episode About the Birds and the Bees
- The New Taylor Swift Sounds Like a Scrapbook of Pop Music
- The Cast of Dirk Gently Plays ‘Elijah Wood, Elijah Woodn’t’
- Is Deckard Actually a Replicant?
- The Black Eyed Peas Take Us Inside Their Augmented-Reality Comic Book
- Robot Chicken Creators on How Macaulay Culkin Is Like Punxsutawney Phil
- Tips for Post-Apocalyptic Beards With the Cast of The Walking Dead
- How Luke Evans and Rebecca Hall Filmed Their Epic Sex Scene in Professor Marston
- Voice Actor Rob Paulsen Performs Some of His Famous Voices
- Carl Weathers: Voice Acting Is Great Because You Can Show Up Commando
- How Well Do Transparent Stars Rob Huebel and Amy Landecker Know Each Other?