Overboard Trailer: Kidnapping Rich People Still Funny
If you grew up loving the movie Overboard with Kurt Russell and Goldie Hawn (you have excellent taste, by the way) but you’re worried that the reboot starring Anna Faris and Eugenio Derbez won’t live up to the original then just take a few steps back. This remake isn’t trying to serve you the old Overboard. It’s trying to give you something a little different. This time around, Faris plays a working-class single mom just trying to provide for her family as a cleaning woman, and Derbez plays Leonardo, the rich jerk on a boat who’s lost touch with how the world actually works. And from there we know that when the rich one ends up with amnesia after an accident, it’s the poor family that cons him into thinking he’s part of the family, and ultimately — well, maybe it’s still too soon for spoilers? Whether you do or do not know the ending of Overboard already, you can watch the first trailer for the reboot here.
- The Billy Eichner ‘Let’s Go, Lesbians!’ Meme Is Here to Save the Day
- NYC Stories: Bill Hader and Henry Winkler Have Ridiculous Memories of NYC
- How Realistic Are Hollywood Hacking Scenes?
- A History of the New York Drag Scene That Launched RuPaul
- We Baked a Drake Cake to Celebrate Scorpion
- Sex Educators React to Hollywood’s Sex Scenes
- Why GLOW’s Creators Feel Like They’re Running a ‘Leotard Factory’
- Justin Hartley on Kevin’s Transformation in This Is Us
- How Ryan Murphy Convinced Billie Lourd to Dye Her Hair For AHS: Cult
- Ted Danson on Why The Good Place Is Really About Karma
- Why Matt LeBlanc Embraced Humiliation for Episodes
- Evan Rachel Wood Explains Why Westworld Is an Actor’s Obstacle Course
- Roger Rabbit Changed the Way Hollywood Animates
- Jimmi Simpson on His Craziest Year Ever As an Actor
- Can Connie Britton Match Her Reaction With the Right 911 Call?
- Why Sarah Silverman Wants to Connect With Trump Supporters
- How Realistic Are Dinosaur Movies?
- Minnie Driver Really, Really Wishes She Could Sing More Often
- James Corden Picks His Favorite Late Late Show Moment
- How to Clean a Dinosaur at NYC’s Museum of Natural History