The Trailer for HBO’s Paterno Will Make You Wonder How Much the Coach Knew
On Friday HBO released the first trailer for its upcoming film Paterno, which stars Al Pacino as the titular Penn State coach in the run-up to his 2011 resignation. Despite Joe Paterno’s testimony before a grand jury stating that he had no idea his longtime assistant Jerry Sandusky had molested young boys, evidence that emerged after Paterno’s death in 2012 suggests he could have known about Sandusky’s behavior from as far back as the 1970s. The movie focuses on how the story was broken in the local paper, the Patriot-News, and the reckoning the coach faced about the rot in his program. Paterno hits the network this spring.
- How Realistic Are Dinosaur Movies?
- James Corden Picks His Favorite Late Late Show Moment
- Remaking a Murder: How Weegee Photographed a Mob Killing
- Minnie Driver Really, Really Wishes She Could Sing More Often
- Mandy Moore on the Innate Sadness of This Is Us
- UnREAL’s Constance Zimmer on Directing Herself
- Why GLOW’s Creators Feel Like They’re Running a ‘Leotard Factory’
- Which Queer Eye Guy Is the Biggest Control Freak About Driving?
- David Harbour Wasn’t Asked to Dance in Stranger Things 2, But He Did Anyway
- The Queer Eye Guys on Season Two’s Biggest Twist
- Why the Queer Eye Guys Never Pick Fights With Republicans
- The Queer Eye Guys on How They Got Cast
- The Queer Eye Guys on Men’s Biggest Fashion Mistakes
- Silicon Valley’s Thomas Middleditch on Mocking the Tech Elite
- How to Clean a Dinosaur at NYC’s Museum of Natural History
- How Crazy Ex-Girlfriend Gets Away With Its Dirtiest Jokes
- Ozark’s Julia Garner on Finding Her Southern Twang
- Alison Brie Reveals the Go-to Grooming Product on the Set of GLOW
- We Had to Wonder: How Did Sex and the City Portray Queer People?
- The Stars of Spongebob on Broadway Make Their Own Spongebob Memes