Allure Trailer: Evan Rachel Wood Is Holding a 16-Year-Old Hostage
Things start off simple enough in Allure, Evan Rachel Wood’s daring new drama. Wood plays Laura, a 30-year-old working for her father’s cleaning business. It’s when she starts working for the family of 16-year-old Eva (Julia Sarah Stone) that things go off the rails: Their inappropriate closeness gets weirder when Eva runs away to Laura’s home to live with her. When the relationships goes bad, Laura holds Eva hostage. Wood told Vulture she didn’t want to ever let her character off the hook, but that it’s a movie about the cycles of abuse: “There’s not really a good or bad guy; abuse is a well-rounded tragedy for everyone, because normally, when people are doing that, it’s because they’ve been broken at a very young age. So it’s just as tragic watching somebody be prisoner to their own trauma, not in control of what they’re doing because their perspective is so skewed.” See it in theaters in New York and Los Angeles, and on VOD March 16.
- How Close Are We To Real-Life Westworld Robots?
- The Women of Killing Eve Are Ready to Break Boundaries
- 9 of the Most Ridiculous Scenes From the Original Lost in Space
- How to Protect Your Facebook Data
- Here’s a Sneak Peek at Queer Eye Season Two
- 4 Ways 2001: A Space Odyssey Was a Visual-Effects Pioneer
- 39 Egg-cellent Scenes in Film and Television
- Who Would Survive the Apocalypse: NYC or L.A.? Celebrities Debate
- Dogs Review Isle of Dogs
- How To Make Your Own Wes Anderson Soundtrack
- The History of Giant Robots in Pop Culture
- 13 Scenes From the Leprechaun Movies That Feel Too Absurd to Exist
- Video Games Don’t Know How to Handle Current Events