Chloë Grace Moretz and Desiree Akhavan on Filming Sex Scenes Sensitively
Chloë Grace Moretz and Desiree Akhavan stopped by the Vulture Studio at Sundance, along with some of the rest of the cast of The Miseducation of Cameron Post, including Sasha Lane, Emily Skeggs, John Gallagher Jr., and Forrest Goodluck. In the film, Moretz plays a lesbian teen who’s shipped off to a gay conversion camp; throughout, she has several intimate sex scenes, which she and Akhavan made sure to imbue with meaning rather than gratuitous nudity. As Akhavan put it: “There’s always a story to how you f*ck.” Watch the video above for more details on the process behind the scenes.
- Roger Rabbit Changed the Way Hollywood Animates
- Jimmi Simpson on His Craziest Year Ever As an Actor
- Can Connie Britton Match Her Reaction With the Right 911 Call?
- Why Sarah Silverman Wants to Connect With Trump Supporters
- How Realistic Are Dinosaur Movies?
- James Corden Picks His Favorite Late Late Show Moment
- Remaking a Murder: How Weegee Photographed a Mob Killing
- Minnie Driver Really, Really Wishes She Could Sing More Often
- Mandy Moore on the Innate Sadness of This Is Us
- UnREAL’s Constance Zimmer on Directing Herself
- Why GLOW’s Creators Feel Like They’re Running a ‘Leotard Factory’
- Which Queer Eye Guy Is the Biggest Control Freak About Driving?
- David Harbour Wasn’t Asked to Dance in Stranger Things 2, But He Did Anyway
- The Queer Eye Guys on Season Two’s Biggest Twist
- Why the Queer Eye Guys Never Pick Fights With Republicans
- The Queer Eye Guys on How They Got Cast
- The Queer Eye Guys on Men’s Biggest Fashion Mistakes
- Silicon Valley’s Thomas Middleditch on Mocking the Tech Elite
- How to Clean a Dinosaur at NYC’s Museum of Natural History
- How Crazy Ex-Girlfriend Gets Away With Its Dirtiest Jokes