Chloë Grace Moretz and Desiree Akhavan on Filming Sex Scenes Sensitively
Chloë Grace Moretz and Desiree Akhavan stopped by the Vulture Studio at Sundance, along with some of the rest of the cast of The Miseducation of Cameron Post, including Sasha Lane, Emily Skeggs, John Gallagher Jr., and Forrest Goodluck. In the film, Moretz plays a lesbian teen who’s shipped off to a gay conversion camp; throughout, she has several intimate sex scenes, which she and Akhavan made sure to imbue with meaning rather than gratuitous nudity. As Akhavan put it: “There’s always a story to how you f*ck.” Watch the video above for more details on the process behind the scenes.
- The 7 Most Damning Appearances on Who Is America?
- Watch a Cannabis Expert Fact-Check Stoner Movies
- Watch a Sword Expert Fact-check Hollywood Sword Fights
- Pets in Film Are Shook by Human Intimacy
- Chef Dale Talde Critiques Hollywood Food Scenes
- How Realistic Are Shark Attacks in Movies?
- Camp Counselors React to Hollywood Camp Scenes
- The Billy Eichner ‘Let’s Go, Lesbians!’ Meme Is Here to Save the Day
- NYC Stories: Bill Hader and Henry Winkler Have Ridiculous Memories of NYC
- How Realistic Are Hollywood Hacking Scenes?
- A History of the New York Drag Scene That Launched RuPaul
- We Baked a Drake Cake to Celebrate Scorpion
- Sex Educators React to Hollywood’s Sex Scenes
- Why GLOW’s Creators Feel Like They’re Running a ‘Leotard Factory’
- Justin Hartley on Kevin’s Transformation in This Is Us
- How Ryan Murphy Convinced Billie Lourd to Dye Her Hair For AHS: Cult
- Ted Danson on Why The Good Place Is Really About Karma
- Why Matt LeBlanc Embraced Humiliation for Episodes
- Evan Rachel Wood Explains Why Westworld Is an Actor’s Obstacle Course
- Roger Rabbit Changed the Way Hollywood Animates