The First Trailer for Netflix’s Mute Is All Violence and Bold Hair Choices
It seems Netflix has noticed that the dominance of weaponized silent girls in movies today, and is breaking the trend with a silent boy — a big boy at that! Alexander Skarsgård stars as Leo in Netflix’s latest sprawling sci-fi drama, Mute, as a speechless man with a secret past who is about to wreck a bunch of gangsters while he searches for his missing girlfriend. The movie is directed by Duncan Jones, and while it looks like it could take place in some linked Netflix sci-verse with Bright and Altered Carbon, it’s actually set in near-future Berlin. Hopefully we’ll get to see Skarsgård go full John Wick, but if not, at least Justin Theroux is here as a blonde and Paul Rudd has one super mustache. Mute starts streaming on February 23.
- Watch a Sword Expert Fact-check Hollywood Sword Fights
- Pets in Film Are Shook by Human Intimacy
- Chef Dale Talde Critiques Hollywood Food Scenes
- How Realistic Are Shark Attacks in Movies?
- Camp Counselors React to Hollywood Camp Scenes
- The Billy Eichner ‘Let’s Go, Lesbians!’ Meme Is Here to Save the Day
- NYC Stories: Bill Hader and Henry Winkler Have Ridiculous Memories of NYC
- How Realistic Are Hollywood Hacking Scenes?
- A History of the New York Drag Scene That Launched RuPaul
- We Baked a Drake Cake to Celebrate Scorpion
- Sex Educators React to Hollywood’s Sex Scenes
- Why GLOW’s Creators Feel Like They’re Running a ‘Leotard Factory’
- Justin Hartley on Kevin’s Transformation in This Is Us
- How Ryan Murphy Convinced Billie Lourd to Dye Her Hair For AHS: Cult
- Ted Danson on Why The Good Place Is Really About Karma
- Why Matt LeBlanc Embraced Humiliation for Episodes
- Evan Rachel Wood Explains Why Westworld Is an Actor’s Obstacle Course
- Roger Rabbit Changed the Way Hollywood Animates
- Jimmi Simpson on His Craziest Year Ever As an Actor
- Can Connie Britton Match Her Reaction With the Right 911 Call?