Disobedience Trailer: Rachel McAdams and Rachel Weisz’s Orthodox Romance Movie Is Here
Disobedience stars Rachel McAdams and Rachel Weisz as two women raised in an Orthodox Jewish community who share a forbidden romance. When the one who walked away from her devout upbringing (Weisz as Ronit) returns home, she rediscovers her passion for the best friend she left behind (McAdams as Esti). The movie, directed by Sebastián Lelio, premiered to strong reviews at the Toronto International Film Festival last year, and was similarly hailed by Vulture. “This isn’t a cliché indictment of religious insularity, or the tale of a wife escaping her controlling husband or loveless marriage,” wrote our Jada Yuan. “Instead, it is simply the story of the many forms love can take, and the way that hard choices between who you are and what you know can stand in the way of its fulfillment.” It also has a sex scene between McAdams and Weisz that Yuan called “en fuego” and “mind-blowing,” in case that’s your thing. The film opens in theaters on April 27.
- James Corden Picks His Favorite Late Late Show Moment
- Remaking a Murder: How Weegee Photographed a Mob Killing
- Minnie Driver Really, Really Wishes She Could Sing More Often
- Mandy Moore on the Innate Sadness of This Is Us
- UnREAL’s Constance Zimmer on Directing Herself
- Why GLOW’s Creators Feel Like They’re Running a ‘Leotard Factory’
- Which Queer Eye Guy Is the Biggest Control Freak About Driving?
- David Harbour Wasn’t Asked to Dance in Stranger Things 2, But He Did Anyway
- The Queer Eye Guys on Season Two’s Biggest Twist
- Why the Queer Eye Guys Never Pick Fights With Republicans
- The Queer Eye Guys on How They Got Cast
- The Queer Eye Guys on Men’s Biggest Fashion Mistakes
- Silicon Valley’s Thomas Middleditch on Mocking the Tech Elite
- How to Clean a Dinosaur at NYC’s Museum of Natural History
- How Crazy Ex-Girlfriend Gets Away With Its Dirtiest Jokes
- Ozark’s Julia Garner on Finding Her Southern Twang
- Alison Brie Reveals the Go-to Grooming Product on the Set of GLOW
- We Had to Wonder: How Did Sex and the City Portray Queer People?
- The Stars of Spongebob on Broadway Make Their Own Spongebob Memes
- The Americans: In Memoriam