Where Is Kyra? Trailer: Michelle Pfeiffer Will Devastate You
When Michelle Pfeiffer gets into a fight onscreen and her voice starts to tremble and break, is there a sound more withering? It looks like there will be plenty of chances to consider that question in Where Is Kyra? The movie premiered at Sundance, and stars Pfeiffer as the titular character, a divorcee with no job and no money who moves in with her ailing mother to try and get her life in order. Director Andrew Dosunmu worked from a script by Darci Picoult, and aimed to distill the terror of economic uncertainty in Pfieffer’s distressed heroine, who goes off the rails when her beloved mother passes and she faces eviction as an isolated, middle-aged woman with no income. Basically, get ready for the reascending Pfeiffer to break your heart over and over again in this drama that feels current enough to be a horror film.
- 7 Star Wars Spinoffs That We’d Like to See
- Rest in Power Examines How Trayvon Martin’s Death Sparked a Movement
- Watch People Try to Recap Every Marvel Movie
- How Close Are We To Real-Life Westworld Robots?
- The Women of Killing Eve Are Ready to Break Boundaries
- 9 of the Most Ridiculous Scenes From the Original Lost in Space
- How to Protect Your Facebook Data
- Here’s a Sneak Peek at Queer Eye Season Two
- 4 Ways 2001: A Space Odyssey Was a Visual-Effects Pioneer
- 39 Egg-cellent Scenes in Film and Television
- Who Would Survive the Apocalypse: NYC or L.A.? Celebrities Debate