Where Is Kyra? Trailer: Michelle Pfeiffer Will Devastate You
When Michelle Pfeiffer gets into a fight onscreen and her voice starts to tremble and break, is there a sound more withering? It looks like there will be plenty of chances to consider that question in Where Is Kyra? The movie premiered at Sundance, and stars Pfeiffer as the titular character, a divorcee with no job and no money who moves in with her ailing mother to try and get her life in order. Director Andrew Dosunmu worked from a script by Darci Picoult, and aimed to distill the terror of economic uncertainty in Pfieffer’s distressed heroine, who goes off the rails when her beloved mother passes and she faces eviction as an isolated, middle-aged woman with no income. Basically, get ready for the reascending Pfeiffer to break your heart over and over again in this drama that feels current enough to be a horror film.
- The 7 Most Damning Appearances on Who Is America?
- Watch a Cannabis Expert Fact-Check Stoner Movies
- Watch a Sword Expert Fact-check Hollywood Sword Fights
- Pets in Film Are Shook by Human Intimacy
- Chef Dale Talde Critiques Hollywood Food Scenes
- How Realistic Are Shark Attacks in Movies?
- Camp Counselors React to Hollywood Camp Scenes
- The Billy Eichner ‘Let’s Go, Lesbians!’ Meme Is Here to Save the Day
- NYC Stories: Bill Hader and Henry Winkler Have Ridiculous Memories of NYC
- How Realistic Are Hollywood Hacking Scenes?
- A History of the New York Drag Scene That Launched RuPaul
- We Baked a Drake Cake to Celebrate Scorpion
- Sex Educators React to Hollywood’s Sex Scenes
- Why GLOW’s Creators Feel Like They’re Running a ‘Leotard Factory’
- Justin Hartley on Kevin’s Transformation in This Is Us
- How Ryan Murphy Convinced Billie Lourd to Dye Her Hair For AHS: Cult
- Ted Danson on Why The Good Place Is Really About Karma
- Why Matt LeBlanc Embraced Humiliation for Episodes
- Evan Rachel Wood Explains Why Westworld Is an Actor’s Obstacle Course
- Roger Rabbit Changed the Way Hollywood Animates