Adrift Trailer: Shailene Woodley Finds Love and a Hurricane
After living as a single mom among fashionable elites in Monterey, Shailene Woodley went sailing with Sam Claflin. In the new movie Adrift, Woodley and Claflin play Tami and Richard, a pair of adventurous, attractive people who hook up and, shortly after, commit to sailing across the open seas together. But once they’re far enough into their journey to be in serious danger should anything go wrong, things go wrong. They are besieged by a Category 5 hurricane that cripples the ship and leaves Richard badly wounded. Tami must then get the boat back in working order herself, and try to miraculously lead them to safety. Based on the book Red Sky in Mourning: The True Story of a Woman’s Courage and Survival at Sea by Tami Oldham Ashcraft — who actually had to survive alone after her partner was lost in the story — Adrift opens in theaters on June 1.
- Was Michael Jackson a Plagiarist?
- 5 Iconic Moments From Guillermo del Toro Films
- How Far is Hollywood From Achieving Equality?
- How Black Panther Reinvents Hollywood Visions of Africa
- Peppermint Reacts to All Stars Season 3
- We Quizzed Nicolas Cage on His Old Movie Lines and Honestly He Was Great
- Every Celebrity That Tahani Has Name-Dropped on The Good Place
- James Adomian Is Obsessed With a Meticulously Symmetrical Mustache
- Octavia Spencer Was Mistaken for Mo’Nique
- Zazie Beetz on Fame’s Limitations: ‘The Version of Me on the Internet Isn’t Me’
- Here’s the Advice Chris Elliott Gave Daughter Abby Elliott When She Joined SNL
- Kelly Macdonald Stans for Margot Robbie
- Joan Jett Loved Working With Michael J. Fox
- Haley Joel Osment Had a Very Awkward Middle-School Dance
- Naomi Watts Does Her Best David Lynch Impression
- Reed Morano Says Peter Dinklage Would Be the Lead in Her Star Wars Movie
- Omari Hardwick on Why Black Actors Can’t Go Full Method: ‘I’ll Get in Trouble’
- Chloë Grace Moretz and Desiree Akhavan on Filming Sex Scenes Sensitively
- Rupert Everett: ‘Oscar Wilde Is Really the Beginning of the Gay Movement’
- How Paul Dano and Zoe Kazan Work Together As a Couple