City of Lies Trailer: Detective Johnny Depp Will Solve Biggie’s Murder
It’s about time we knew who solved the murder of Biggie Smalls, and Detective Johnny Depp is the man for the job. His hypothesis in the new film City of Lies: Biggie’s murder has never been solved because of ongoing institutional corruption. Depp plays LAPD detective Russell Poole, who joins forces with reporter “Jack” Jackson (Forest Whitaker) to unravel the case. During a Vulture Festival panel this weekend, Wendy Williams was asked about Johnny Depp, who she said she liked from his 21 Jump Street days. She then wondered aloud about City of Lies, which will reexamine a high-profile true-crime case that’s already frequently revisited. “Whatcha gonna tell us, Johnny Depp?” Williams asked. We’ll see when City of Lies opens September 7.
- Watch a Cannabis Expert Fact-Check Stoner Movies
- Watch a Sword Expert Fact-check Hollywood Sword Fights
- Pets in Film Are Shook by Human Intimacy
- Chef Dale Talde Critiques Hollywood Food Scenes
- How Realistic Are Shark Attacks in Movies?
- Camp Counselors React to Hollywood Camp Scenes
- The Billy Eichner ‘Let’s Go, Lesbians!’ Meme Is Here to Save the Day
- NYC Stories: Bill Hader and Henry Winkler Have Ridiculous Memories of NYC
- How Realistic Are Hollywood Hacking Scenes?
- A History of the New York Drag Scene That Launched RuPaul
- We Baked a Drake Cake to Celebrate Scorpion
- Sex Educators React to Hollywood’s Sex Scenes
- Why GLOW’s Creators Feel Like They’re Running a ‘Leotard Factory’
- Justin Hartley on Kevin’s Transformation in This Is Us
- How Ryan Murphy Convinced Billie Lourd to Dye Her Hair For AHS: Cult
- Ted Danson on Why The Good Place Is Really About Karma
- Why Matt LeBlanc Embraced Humiliation for Episodes
- Evan Rachel Wood Explains Why Westworld Is an Actor’s Obstacle Course
- Roger Rabbit Changed the Way Hollywood Animates
- Jimmi Simpson on His Craziest Year Ever As an Actor