New Bad Times at the El Royale Trailer: A Bunch of Hot People Walk Into a Murder Hotel
Murder hotels are so hot right now. John Wick 3 will be inviting us back to the Continental soon. Hotel Artemis, where you’ll find Jodie Foster in a lab coat patching up criminals, opened earlier this year, and now we have Bad Times at the El Royale. It features an absurdly desirable cast of strangers (including Jeff Bridges, Cynthia Erivo, Dakota Johnson, and Jon Hamm) who all end up at Lake Tahoe’s El Royale hotel on “one fateful night,” and at some point everything turns to hell. There’s gun-fighting and bugged rooms and two-sided mirrors and Chris Hemsworth doing an NSFW little body roll while his shirt is unbuttoned while Erivo sings over the whole thing — which actually seems like some very good times. El Royale is the directorial debut of Drew Goddard, who wrote The Martian and Cabin the the Woods, and it opens on October 5.
- The 7 Most Damning Appearances on Who Is America?
- Watch a Cannabis Expert Fact-Check Stoner Movies
- Watch a Sword Expert Fact-check Hollywood Sword Fights
- Pets in Film Are Shook by Human Intimacy
- Chef Dale Talde Critiques Hollywood Food Scenes
- How Realistic Are Shark Attacks in Movies?
- Camp Counselors React to Hollywood Camp Scenes
- The Billy Eichner ‘Let’s Go, Lesbians!’ Meme Is Here to Save the Day
- NYC Stories: Bill Hader and Henry Winkler Have Ridiculous Memories of NYC
- How Realistic Are Hollywood Hacking Scenes?
- A History of the New York Drag Scene That Launched RuPaul
- We Baked a Drake Cake to Celebrate Scorpion
- Sex Educators React to Hollywood’s Sex Scenes
- Why GLOW’s Creators Feel Like They’re Running a ‘Leotard Factory’
- Justin Hartley on Kevin’s Transformation in This Is Us
- How Ryan Murphy Convinced Billie Lourd to Dye Her Hair For AHS: Cult
- Ted Danson on Why The Good Place Is Really About Karma
- Why Matt LeBlanc Embraced Humiliation for Episodes
- Evan Rachel Wood Explains Why Westworld Is an Actor’s Obstacle Course
- Roger Rabbit Changed the Way Hollywood Animates