The Little Stranger Trailer Makes You Wonder Why Anyone Still Lives in This Scary House
Ruth Wilson has a way with being sinister, and for some reason, that ominous factor is dialed up even higher when she’s positioned next to a smiling Charlotte Rampling and they’re both wearing period-piece clothing. But that’s just one aspect of The Little Stranger, a new haunted-house movie from Room director Lenny Abrahamson. Based on the novel by Sarah Waters, Stranger stars Domhnall Gleeson as Dr. Faraday, who is called to the rundown manor Hundreds Hall to investigate some strange happenings. Also strange are the owners of the home, played by Rampling, Wilson, and Will Poulter. Wilson seems more foreboding than any spirit dwelling in the manor. The Little Stranger opens in theaters August 31.
- Watch a Mixologist Fact-Check Hollywood Bar Scenes
- The 7 Most Damning Appearances on Who Is America?
- Watch a Cannabis Expert Fact-Check Stoner Movies
- Watch a Sword Expert Fact-check Hollywood Sword Fights
- Pets in Film Are Shook by Human Intimacy
- Chef Dale Talde Critiques Hollywood Food Scenes
- How Realistic Are Shark Attacks in Movies?
- Camp Counselors React to Hollywood Camp Scenes
- The Billy Eichner ‘Let’s Go, Lesbians!’ Meme Is Here to Save the Day
- NYC Stories: Bill Hader and Henry Winkler Have Ridiculous Memories of NYC
- How Realistic Are Hollywood Hacking Scenes?
- A History of the New York Drag Scene That Launched RuPaul
- We Baked a Drake Cake to Celebrate Scorpion
- Sex Educators React to Hollywood’s Sex Scenes
- Why GLOW’s Creators Feel Like They’re Running a ‘Leotard Factory’
- Justin Hartley on Kevin’s Transformation in This Is Us
- How Ryan Murphy Convinced Billie Lourd to Dye Her Hair For AHS: Cult
- Ted Danson on Why The Good Place Is Really About Karma
- Why Matt LeBlanc Embraced Humiliation for Episodes
- Evan Rachel Wood Explains Why Westworld Is an Actor’s Obstacle Course