The Alita: Battle Angel Trailer Promises a Lot of CGI Punching
The first official trailer for Robert Rodriguez’s Alita: Battle Angel is here, and it’s got more than just moody shots of the principal characters! It opens with a voice-over from Alita (Rosa Salazar) telling us about a war and a world where “the powerful prey on the week.” Then bad guy Vector (Mahershala Ali) tells us the newly resurrected Alita contains a coveted technology that had previously been lost for hundreds of years. So when he sends a bunch of cyborg henchmen after her, we can assume it’s because he wants that technology for himself. But Alita is clearly the most proficient fighter anyone’s ever seen, so taking whatever it is that makes her tick is going to be pretty hard, and something tells us Alita has a mind to topple the ruling class. Just a guess! Battle Angel hits theaters on December 21.
- The 7 Most Damning Appearances on Who Is America?
- Watch a Cannabis Expert Fact-Check Stoner Movies
- Watch a Sword Expert Fact-check Hollywood Sword Fights
- Pets in Film Are Shook by Human Intimacy
- Chef Dale Talde Critiques Hollywood Food Scenes
- How Realistic Are Shark Attacks in Movies?
- Camp Counselors React to Hollywood Camp Scenes
- The Billy Eichner ‘Let’s Go, Lesbians!’ Meme Is Here to Save the Day
- NYC Stories: Bill Hader and Henry Winkler Have Ridiculous Memories of NYC
- How Realistic Are Hollywood Hacking Scenes?
- A History of the New York Drag Scene That Launched RuPaul
- We Baked a Drake Cake to Celebrate Scorpion
- Sex Educators React to Hollywood’s Sex Scenes
- Why GLOW’s Creators Feel Like They’re Running a ‘Leotard Factory’
- Justin Hartley on Kevin’s Transformation in This Is Us
- How Ryan Murphy Convinced Billie Lourd to Dye Her Hair For AHS: Cult
- Ted Danson on Why The Good Place Is Really About Karma
- Why Matt LeBlanc Embraced Humiliation for Episodes
- Evan Rachel Wood Explains Why Westworld Is an Actor’s Obstacle Course
- Roger Rabbit Changed the Way Hollywood Animates