Robert De Niro Pleads Guilty in HBO’s Bernie Madoff Movie Wizard of Lies
Your less-fun wizarding news of the day: Robert De Niro is playing Bernie Madoff, casting his Ponzi scheme spell. De Niro, Michelle Pfeiffer, and Nathan Darrow (a.k.a. House of Cards’ Edward Meechum, RIP) star in HBO’s movie about Madoff’s fall. In this trailer, Madoff gets grilled by his granddaughter over his Wall Street wizardry until he has to ’fess up to his wife and kids. By the time he appears in court, he’s pleading guilty on all counts. Wizard of Lies airs Saturday May 20 on HBO.
- The Billy Eichner ‘Let’s Go, Lesbians!’ Meme Is Here to Save the Day
- NYC Stories: Bill Hader and Henry Winkler Have Ridiculous Memories of NYC
- How Realistic Are Hollywood Hacking Scenes?
- A History of the New York Drag Scene That Launched RuPaul
- We Baked a Drake Cake to Celebrate Scorpion
- Sex Educators React to Hollywood’s Sex Scenes
- Why GLOW’s Creators Feel Like They’re Running a ‘Leotard Factory’
- Justin Hartley on Kevin’s Transformation in This Is Us
- How Ryan Murphy Convinced Billie Lourd to Dye Her Hair For AHS: Cult
- Ted Danson on Why The Good Place Is Really About Karma
- Why Matt LeBlanc Embraced Humiliation for Episodes
- Evan Rachel Wood Explains Why Westworld Is an Actor’s Obstacle Course
- Roger Rabbit Changed the Way Hollywood Animates
- Jimmi Simpson on His Craziest Year Ever As an Actor
- Can Connie Britton Match Her Reaction With the Right 911 Call?
- Why Sarah Silverman Wants to Connect With Trump Supporters
- How Realistic Are Dinosaur Movies?
- Minnie Driver Really, Really Wishes She Could Sing More Often
- James Corden Picks His Favorite Late Late Show Moment
- How to Clean a Dinosaur at NYC’s Museum of Natural History