Lil’ Cornel. Brian Snyder / Camera Press / Retna
The latest MP3s to hit the blogs.
1. Cornel West feat. Talib Kweli, “Bushonomics”
Unless Just Blaze starts returning Paul Krugman’s phone calls, this is probably the best rap single by a Princeton University faculty member you’ll hear this year. [Nah Right]
2. Justin Timberlake, “LoveStoned” (Justice remix)
The French duo remake Timberlake’s original with 50 percent more synthesizer flatulence. Unsurprisingly excellent. [The Music Slut]
3. Eve feat. Sean Paul, “Give It to You”
Sean Paul advertises his sexual services. To her credit, Eve sounds uninterested. [Between Thought and Expression]
4. Zach Condon, “The Electric Show”
An early scratch demo by the Beirut front man, recorded when blog acclaim was still but a faraway dream. [The Torture Garden]
5. Built to Spill, “They Got Away”
One unanticipated but awesome effect of climate change is that indie-rock bands from Boise, Idaho, are now writing dub-reggae songs.
6. Raekwon Presents … Ice Water, “Hip Hop Tribute”
If this new single is any indication, Raekwon’s latest project is certainly worthy of his legacy as the sixth most important member of Wu-Tang Clan. [Nah Right]