What a week! Was it just us, or did nothing of any real consequence happen in the world of entertainment this week? Regardless, it’s time for us to take a look back at the week that was.
• In the biggest thing to happen to our country since the election of Barack Obama, Ashton Kutcher was named King of the Twitterverse when he became the first human to cross the million-follower barrier. Meanwhile, irate movie bloggers got pissed at Paul Scheer for ruining the sancity of the Crank 2 filmgoing experience with his live tweets.
• Speaking of Barry O, he unwittingly inspired 50 Cent to take his beef with Rick Ross to the Internets. On a related note, other famous people who spent time hating on each other this week were Jamie Foxx and Miley Cyrus and David Letterman and Jay Leno.
• Amazon.com found itself embroiled in a gay-washing controversy (that may or may not have been caused by a hacker). Weirdly enough, when the clock struck Tuesday, no one really seemed to care anymore.
• Seeing how no one got kicked off Idol this week, it’s kind of like the week never happened. Unfortunately for us and Quentin Tarantino’s stylist, it did. Hey, at least we got to see some new Inglorious Basterds footage!
• And here’s a bunch of stuff we liked that we couldn’t find a way to thematically tie together! Pirates walked the plank, gerunds made for a risky investment, Billy Corgan did spoken-word, the Observer showed up everywhere, 90210 was a Pepper, Casey Wilson got some face time, the Kid Whisperer rummaged through your children’s drawers, and the Yeah Yeah Yeahs surprised us.
• But not all famous people were tossing back Haterade this week. In fact, some celebs actually spent some time palling around. Like, for instance, Diddy chilled with an Artic Monkey, Leonardo DiCaprio warned Zac Efron to stay off smack, and Kanye had a threesome with Jared Leto and Brandon Flowers.