While many folks loved the series finale of Lost, more than a few … didn’t. And it was those people series co-creator Damon Lindelof had in mind Saturday night while accepting Lost’s TV Critics Association Award for Best Drama Series (an honor shared with Breaking Bad). Rather than revel in the praise the series garnered during its six seasons, Lindelof opted to share some of the awesomely awful things people said to him on Twitter in the aftermath of the Lost swan song. We bring you five of the most choice insults:
• “Hey, douche! Instead of backpacking in Europe or whatever the fuck you’re doing, how about you give me six years of my life back?”
• “My very first tweet. I started this account just to let you know how disappointed I am in you.”
• “Has anyone accused you of being an emotional terrorist yet? And research these words: closure and actual explanations.”
• “You suck. Please don’t ruin Star Trek by ending it in Klingon purgatory.”
• “You’re a dirty liar. You never knew, you made it all up, you betrayed us all. You betrayed me and I hope you rot, motherfucker.”
That last slam, Lindelof said jokingly, was from none other than J.J. Abrams. Oh, if only Twitter had been around when Seinfeld went off the air!