Journey through Mick Napier’s Paradigm Lost Show Journal

Inspired by the Second City memories in Tina Fey’s Bossypants, Rob Kozlowski mined for and found Mick Napier’s Paradigm Lost online show journal, preserved for posterity in all it’s mid-to-late nineties glory. Detailing his directorial experience from November 1996 until the show’s open in February 1997, Napier writes about working with cast members Fey, Rachel Dratch, Scott Adsit, Kevin Dorff, Jenna Jolovitz and Jim Zulevic. When not physically at rehearsal, Napier edits loops of “It’s a Small World After All” and shifts through 50 constantly evolving scenes in his quest to form a coherent revue, a show which he enthuses is the first mainstage show of its kind to have a gender-balanced cast. “90% of the work will happen on stage, so why not just get up there and do it right now,” Napier wonders. The other 10% is right here, tucked around one very enthusiastic review for Madonna’s Evita.

Journey through Mick Napier’s Paradigm Lost Show […]