Lindsay Lohan Found Unconscious in Hotel, Paramedics Called [UPDATE]

Lindsay Lohan attends A&E Networks 2012 Upfront at Lincoln Center
Lindsay Lohan. Photo: Jason Kempin/Getty Images

ABC is reporting that paramedics were called to the Ritz Carlton in Marina Del Rey this morning when Lindsay Lohan, currently staying in the hotel as she shoots the Lifetime movie Liz & Dick in the area, was found to be unconscious and unresponsive. It’s unclear whether she was then taken to the hospital: ABC says yes, but TMZ claims paramedics treated her on the scene and found her to be fine. (For what it’s worth, TMZ also reports that “Lindsay had been shooting almost non-stop — without sleep — for 2 days.”) It’s been a tumultuous month for Lohan, who just added a Bret Easton Ellis–scripted movie to her hopes for a comeback bid; at the same time, she has been dealing with legal troubles that stem from her car collision only a week ago.

UPDATE 1: TMZ has added some more Lohan-friendly details to the story, though even those are contradictory.

We’re told Lindsay wasn’t feeling well after complaining of exhaustion, she called someone from the Liz and Dick production team early this morning, and the team sent a private doctor to check on her.  Before arriving, the doctor called the hotel and asked someone to check on Lindsay.  Someone from the hotel went to her door, “checked on her” and determined she was “unresponsive.”  The hotel then called 911.

The kicker, a sentence later? “Lindsay’s rep says it was someone from the production team who called 911.” So …

UPDATE 2: Now Nicole Nishida, a spokeswoman for the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department, is claiming to THR that Lohan suffered from “exhaustion.” Here’s the revised take on what went down:

Paramedics and the L.A. Fire Department workers were summoned there after the actress failed to report to the set of Lifetime’s Liz & Dick. Several phone calls to her room went unanswered, alarming the filmmakers, who then alerted authorities.

Contrary to a tweet by ABC7 Eyewitness News, The Hollywood Reporter has learned that Lohan was fully conscious when EMT technicians arrived at the scene, and was not taken to a hospital.

“She was not transported to a hospital and is okay,” Nishida tells THR.

Lindsay Lohan: Unconscious, Paramedics Called