This year’s Oscars ceremony was…well, not so good, so before the Academy starts planning next year’s big comeback, standup Tig Notaro has offered her services as 2016’s potential Oscars host. Notaro posted an open letter to the Academy on her website this week titled “Tig Notaro To Host 2016 Oscars,” in which she outlines 11 reasons why she’d make a great Oscars host. Here are some highlights:
- I’ve been known to perform topless just like Mr. NPH did.
- I live relatively close to the theater and wouldn’t be late.
- I’m drop-dead cute in a suit.
- Several years back I was hired by comedian Aziz Ansari for an entire day to write for The MTV Movie Awards when he was host and then -BAM!- the next year writer/executive producer Jill Soloway hired me for an entire half day to write for the Emmy’s when Jane Lynch hosted, so I really know the ins and outs of the whole process basically.
- Might as well hire me now before the Latin Grammy’s catch wind of my availability and scoop me up.
Notaro makes some pretty solid points, and she’s asking fans to get the word out with the hashtag #HashTigOscars. Read the rest over at Notaro’s website.