Saturday Night Live has already fired three cast members, hired three featured players, and promoted two new co-head writers, and today we can report another big behind-the-scenes change: a bunch of brand new writers. NBC has confirmed with us that going into season 42, the show has added seven writers to the staff:
- Joanna Bradley (Above Average, UCB)
- Anna Drezen (Reductress, UCB)
- Kristen Bartlett (UCB, Poor Comedians In A Car Getting Coffee)
- Zack Bornstein (Jimmy Kimmel Live)
- Julio Torres (TCGS, The Special Without Brett Davis)
- Nick Kocher and Brian McElhaney (BriTANicK)
Aside from co-head writers Chris Kelly and Sarah Schneider, SNL hasn’t yet confirmed which season 41 writers will be returning this year, but based on these hires, we can count on a very funny season 42. The season is slated to premiere on October 1st; the host and musical guest for the episode have not yet been announced.