The Cast of Alien Had No Idea the Gruesome Chestburster Moment Was Happening
In Alien, the 1979 science-fiction landmark directed by Ridley Scott, the production of the shocking alien-birth effect caused one actor to faint and sent another to his quarters to recover. The authentic moment was engineered with some tricky subterfuge by Scott, who tried to keep his actors as in the dark as the audience. As we explore in our latest “Behind the Movies” episode above, it … worked.
- Taylor Garron and Chanel James Made a Whole Movie From Separate Homes
- Matthew Rhys Walks Us Through Getting Humped Off a Bed
- Sam Richardson Is Daddy and He Is Familiar (With Guns)
- Tom Stourton’s Face was Not Allowed to Play Edward Snowden
- Elijah Wood Is Just a Really Nice Guy, Honestly
- Michael Ian Black Owns a Robot Car
- Allow Selling Sunset’s Mary Fitzgerald to Convince You to Move to L.A.
- Meeting the Greatest Band You’ve (Maybe) Never Heard Of