Green Day Answers ‘Wake Me When September Ends’ Internet Joke with New Song Idea
Every September, with the same predictability of the fall equinox that has preceded it for millennia, Twitter users ask that somebody, anybody, wake up that guy from Green Day. Because after writing the song “Wake Me When September Ends,” that guy, Billie Joe Armstrong, is believed to have been suspended in an indefinite slumber. We caught up with Armstrong and asked whether he had anything to say to those Twitter users, and, to our surprise, he had some strong words and suggested a possible track we truly hope he produces.
- Taylor Garron and Chanel James Made a Whole Movie From Separate Homes
- Matthew Rhys Walks Us Through Getting Humped Off a Bed
- Sam Richardson Is Daddy and He Is Familiar (With Guns)
- Tom Stourton’s Face was Not Allowed to Play Edward Snowden
- Elijah Wood Is Just a Really Nice Guy, Honestly
- Michael Ian Black Owns a Robot Car
- Allow Selling Sunset’s Mary Fitzgerald to Convince You to Move to L.A.
- Meeting the Greatest Band You’ve (Maybe) Never Heard Of