M’athchomaroon, Game of Thrones superfans! It’s time for you to compete for a chance to enter the Citadel, to earn a link in your maester’s chain, to drink and know things. George R.R. Martin is celebrating the 20th anniversary of A Game of Thrones by releasing three commemorative box sets that contain collectibles, exclusive memorabilia, and a special, illustrated version of the first book of A Song of Ice and Fire, which is surely worth it for the maps alone. Thank the Seven, Vulture has teamed up with Random House and HBO to give away a limited-edition box this December.
Want to win? Take our Song of Ice and Fire quiz below! To enter, please send your quiz answers to email@example.com by 10 p.m. ET Sunday, and we’ll award one lucky scribe the box set plus a T-shirt. Don’t think you’ll win? We’ve also got you covered: You can always order the box set with the special promo code “NYMAG15” to get 15 percent off. Good luck, and just remember: All men must quiz.
- Obsidian, dragonglass, or … ?
- Which Duran Duran song should remind you of a Greyjoy?
- At which tournament did Ser Barristan of House Selmy become known as “the Bold,” and why?
- Who has been to Asshai?
- Where and why was the Pact made?
- What is the difference between one pinch and three pinches of sweetsleep?
- Who is too fat to sit a horse?
- When and why did Stannis first stop believing in the Seven?
- Who has the “true” telling of the Dance of the Dragons?
- Jingle bell, jingle bell, jingle bell rock — who stopped Jinglebell’s clock?
Extra credit: Describe the wines of each region, and pick which one would be best to drink.