One of Sundance’s Biggest Hits Is Based on an Often Uncomfortable True Story
In one of the biggest deals out of Sundance this year, The Big Sick was nabbed by Amazon for about $12 million. It stars, is co-scripted by, and is based heavily on the life and relationship of Kumail Nanjiani of Silicon Valley fame and co-writer Emily Gordon. That success didn’t come easy, requiring both Nanjiani and Gordon to really confront some intense moments in their lives.
- Taylor Garron and Chanel James Made a Whole Movie From Separate Homes
- Matthew Rhys Walks Us Through Getting Humped Off a Bed
- Sam Richardson Is Daddy and He Is Familiar (With Guns)
- Tom Stourton’s Face was Not Allowed to Play Edward Snowden
- Elijah Wood Is Just a Really Nice Guy, Honestly
- Michael Ian Black Owns a Robot Car
- Allow Selling Sunset’s Mary Fitzgerald to Convince You to Move to L.A.
- Meeting the Greatest Band You’ve (Maybe) Never Heard Of