Watch Al Franken Talk You Through His Sumptuous Book Cover
Go ahead — judge this book by its luxurious, richly painted cover. The trailer for Al Franken’s book, Al Franken: Giant of the Senate, fakes a behind-the-scenes look at his glamorous book-cover photo shoot, complete with signs and signifiers Franken used to convey the text’s deep intellectualism: a globe, a leather chair, and a stoic, strong facial expression. There’s even a fireplace, which signifies “the fact that I can get an office with a fireplace,” Franken offers. The Minnesota senator’s book Al Franken: Giant of the Senate is out May 30; catch him in conversation with Robert Smigel at 12 p.m. this Saturday at Vulture Festival.
- Taylor Garron and Chanel James Made a Whole Movie From Separate Homes
- Matthew Rhys Walks Us Through Getting Humped Off a Bed
- Sam Richardson Is Daddy and He Is Familiar (With Guns)
- Tom Stourton’s Face was Not Allowed to Play Edward Snowden
- Elijah Wood Is Just a Really Nice Guy, Honestly
- Michael Ian Black Owns a Robot Car
- Allow Selling Sunset’s Mary Fitzgerald to Convince You to Move to L.A.
- Meeting the Greatest Band You’ve (Maybe) Never Heard Of