New Okja Trailer: It’s a Girl and Her Beast Against the World
Mija (Ahn Seo-hyun) lives in the mountains of South Korea, spending the days with her best friend Okja, an exotic piglike creature. When Tilda Swinton’s huge corporation gets wind of Okja and abducts the animal, Mija sets out on a rescue mission bolstered by the pro-animal efforts of Paul Dano and Steven Yeun. Okja comes from South Korean filmmaker Bong Joon-ho, who crafted a breathtaking sci-fi spectacle with the critically acclaimed Snowpiercer. The film premiered at Cannes to positive reviews — Vulture’s Emily Yoshida called it a wacky yet “deeply humane film” — and a bit of controversy, as Netflix doesn’t plan to release it in French theaters. Okja will be available on Netflix and in U.S. theaters June 28.
- The Afterparty Cast Will Get That Edwin McCain Song Stuck in Your Head
- A Send-Off for Search Party
- Henry Winkler Demonstrates Why He’s a Better Acting Teacher than Gene Cousineau
- Taylor Garron and Chanel James Made a Whole Movie From Separate Homes
- Matthew Rhys Walks Us Through Getting Humped Off a Bed
- Sam Richardson Is Daddy and He Is Familiar (With Guns)
- Tom Stourton’s Face was Not Allowed to Play Edward Snowden
- Elijah Wood Is Just a Really Nice Guy, Honestly
- Michael Ian Black Owns a Robot Car
- Allow Selling Sunset’s Mary Fitzgerald to Convince You to Move to L.A.
- Meeting the Greatest Band You’ve (Maybe) Never Heard Of