Watch Every Impression on Saturday Night Live This Season, From Sean Spicer to Rachel Green
Impressions have always been Saturday Night Live’s stock-in-trade, whether it’s processing the latest news headlines or lampooning the people our country decides to celebrate in a game of Family Feud. As always, this season provided more than a few boutique impersonations, including Kate McKinnon’s recurring take on Ecce Homo fresco “restorer” Cecilia Giménez, which earned airtime alongside Alec Baldwin’s bloated elephant in the room Donald Trump, and the unexpected joy of blowhard press secretary Sean Spicer from Melissa McCarthy. To give a sense of the depth and breadth of material in a single season, here is a convenient catalogue of the 2016–2017 season’s impressions — from two different women playing Melania to one guy playing two different John Travoltas.
By Matthew Love and Granger Willson
- The Afterparty Cast Will Get That Edwin McCain Song Stuck in Your Head
- A Send-Off for Search Party
- Henry Winkler Demonstrates Why He’s a Better Acting Teacher than Gene Cousineau
- Taylor Garron and Chanel James Made a Whole Movie From Separate Homes
- Matthew Rhys Walks Us Through Getting Humped Off a Bed
- Sam Richardson Is Daddy and He Is Familiar (With Guns)
- Tom Stourton’s Face was Not Allowed to Play Edward Snowden
- Elijah Wood Is Just a Really Nice Guy, Honestly
- Michael Ian Black Owns a Robot Car
- Allow Selling Sunset’s Mary Fitzgerald to Convince You to Move to L.A.
- Meeting the Greatest Band You’ve (Maybe) Never Heard Of