Landline Trailer: John Turturro’s a Cheater and Jenny Slate Knows It
The Obvious Child team — Gillian Robespierre, Elisabeth Holm, and star Jenny Slate — are dialing it back to the 1990s with their new movie Landline. The lives of two Jewish-Italian sisters — Slate and newcomer Abby Quinn — are knocked off balance when they find out (via some snooping on the family desktop, no less) that their disconnected dad John Turturro has been cheating on their mom (Edie Falco). Soon enough that one infidelity bleeds into their personal relationships: big sister Dana (Slate) is having second thoughts about her fiancé while little sis Ali (Quinn) swears and swerves her way through high-school hookups. See Landline in all its grungy ’90s glory — without a smartphone in sight! — when it opens in select theaters July 21 and everywhere else August 4.
- Chernobyl Stars on How the Series Is Politically Relevant Today
- Freida Pinto Almost Cut Off All Her Hair for ‘Only’
- The Cast of Buffaloed Has Strong Opinions on Buffalo Wings
- Wedding Culture Meets Cancel Culture With the Cast of Plus One
- Teenagers Fact-Check Iconic High-School Movies
- Watch an Astronaut React to Films About Space
- All the Shows Competing to Be the Next Game of Thrones
- Watch People Try to Recap 7 Seasons of Game of Thrones
- Kiernan Shipka and Gavin Leatherwood on Superstitions and Cursed Images
- Watch a Trauma Surgeon React to Action-Movie Injuries
- Watch Kiernan Shipka and Gavin Leatherwood Play A Chilling Game of Mad Libs
- Watch a Combat Expert Review Iconic Onscreen Weapons
- Women React to the 90-Second Orgasm in Long Shot
- Jordan Peele’s Comedy and Horror Aren’t That Far Apart
- Marvel Movie Disguises Are Just the Worst
- Why Is American Idol So Cruel?
- I Need 86,000 People to Believe in Me, Based on What Lady Gaga Says
- Would It Actually Be Possible to Train a Dragon?
- Is Valentine’s Day the Worst Rom-Com of All Time?
- Ghostface Killah Shares the Origin of His 30 Rock Cameo