Landline Trailer: John Turturro’s a Cheater and Jenny Slate Knows It
The Obvious Child team — Gillian Robespierre, Elisabeth Holm, and star Jenny Slate — are dialing it back to the 1990s with their new movie Landline. The lives of two Jewish-Italian sisters — Slate and newcomer Abby Quinn — are knocked off balance when they find out (via some snooping on the family desktop, no less) that their disconnected dad John Turturro has been cheating on their mom (Edie Falco). Soon enough that one infidelity bleeds into their personal relationships: big sister Dana (Slate) is having second thoughts about her fiancé while little sis Ali (Quinn) swears and swerves her way through high-school hookups. See Landline in all its grungy ’90s glory — without a smartphone in sight! — when it opens in select theaters July 21 and everywhere else August 4.
- The Afterparty Cast Will Get That Edwin McCain Song Stuck in Your Head
- A Send-Off for Search Party
- Henry Winkler Demonstrates Why He’s a Better Acting Teacher than Gene Cousineau
- Taylor Garron and Chanel James Made a Whole Movie From Separate Homes
- Matthew Rhys Walks Us Through Getting Humped Off a Bed
- Sam Richardson Is Daddy and He Is Familiar (With Guns)
- Tom Stourton’s Face was Not Allowed to Play Edward Snowden
- Elijah Wood Is Just a Really Nice Guy, Honestly
- Michael Ian Black Owns a Robot Car
- Allow Selling Sunset’s Mary Fitzgerald to Convince You to Move to L.A.
- Meeting the Greatest Band You’ve (Maybe) Never Heard Of