Final Portrait Trailer: Stanley Tucci Directs Armie Hammer and Geoffrey Rush
It’s been ten years since Stanley Tucci was behind the camera directing, and he’s returned with Final Portrait, a dramedy about an offbeat friendship. Geoffrey Rush plays the Swiss artist Alberto Giacometti, an irascible genius, who asks his friend James Lord (Armie Hammer), an American art lover, to sit for a portrait. Their sessions drag on — Giacometti is a perfectionist, Lord tries to stay optimistic — revealing a lot about the artist’s creative frustration and his friendship with his subject. Final Portrait premiered at the Berlin International Film Festival; it will open in the U.K. on August 18, and will be released Stateside by Sony Pictures Classics.
- Chernobyl Stars on How the Series Is Politically Relevant Today
- Freida Pinto Almost Cut Off All Her Hair for ‘Only’
- The Cast of Buffaloed Has Strong Opinions on Buffalo Wings
- Wedding Culture Meets Cancel Culture With the Cast of Plus One
- Teenagers Fact-Check Iconic High-School Movies
- Watch an Astronaut React to Films About Space
- All the Shows Competing to Be the Next Game of Thrones
- Watch People Try to Recap 7 Seasons of Game of Thrones
- Kiernan Shipka and Gavin Leatherwood on Superstitions and Cursed Images
- Watch a Trauma Surgeon React to Action-Movie Injuries
- Watch Kiernan Shipka and Gavin Leatherwood Play A Chilling Game of Mad Libs
- Watch a Combat Expert Review Iconic Onscreen Weapons
- Women React to the 90-Second Orgasm in Long Shot
- Jordan Peele’s Comedy and Horror Aren’t That Far Apart
- Marvel Movie Disguises Are Just the Worst
- Why Is American Idol So Cruel?
- I Need 86,000 People to Believe in Me, Based on What Lady Gaga Says
- Would It Actually Be Possible to Train a Dragon?
- Is Valentine’s Day the Worst Rom-Com of All Time?
- Ghostface Killah Shares the Origin of His 30 Rock Cameo