Icarus Trailer: Netflix Doc Exposes Russia’s Olympic Doping Scheme
The Russian doping scandal gets a closer inspection in Icarus, a sports documentary directed by Bryan Fogel, and co-written by Fogel and Mark Monroe. Fogel’s source is the former head of Russia’s anti-doping lab, who details the state-sponsored Olympic doping scheme that happened just before the summer 2016 Rio Olympics. What starts out as an experiment — Fogel tries out performance-enhancing drugs — unspools into a thriller. Netflix paid $5 million for the doc out of this year’s Sundance, where it premiered in the U.S. Documentary competition. Stream Icarus on Netflix August 4.
- The Afterparty Cast Will Get That Edwin McCain Song Stuck in Your Head
- A Send-Off for Search Party
- Henry Winkler Demonstrates Why He’s a Better Acting Teacher than Gene Cousineau
- Taylor Garron and Chanel James Made a Whole Movie From Separate Homes
- Matthew Rhys Walks Us Through Getting Humped Off a Bed
- Sam Richardson Is Daddy and He Is Familiar (With Guns)
- Tom Stourton’s Face was Not Allowed to Play Edward Snowden
- Elijah Wood Is Just a Really Nice Guy, Honestly
- Michael Ian Black Owns a Robot Car
- Allow Selling Sunset’s Mary Fitzgerald to Convince You to Move to L.A.
- Meeting the Greatest Band You’ve (Maybe) Never Heard Of