Guillermo Del Toro Envisions an Interspecies Romance in The Shape of Water Trailer
Guillermo Del Toro never disappoints when it comes to fantasy stories that are likely to inspire equal amounts of sympathy and unsettling anxiety. In his upcoming 1960s-set film The Shape of Water, the lonely, mute Elisa (Sally Hawkins) works in a top secret government facility, where she discovers the underwater creature being experimented upon and — naturally for Del Toro — begins to form a kind of relationship with it. Michael Shannon, bringing his usual level of threatening ferocity, co-stars, alongside Octavia Spencer, Richard Jenkins, and Michael Stuhlbarg. Prepare for watery romance and gore when The Shape of Water hits theaters December 8.
- Homeland: In Memoriam
- The Best Video Games for Non-Gamers to Play in Quarantine
- An Ode to Alexis and David’s Constant Bickering on Schitt’s Creek
- Ruth Langmore’s Most Iconic Lines on Ozark
- Don’t Watch These Movies If Quarantine Is Driving You Crazy
- Why Are People Watching Pandemic Movies Right Now?
- Gloria Steinem Describes New York Magazine As ‘Heaven’
- The Circle’s Joey Sasso Shares Some Very Helpful Instagram Tips
- The Go-Go’s Dish On the Music Industry and the Billboard Awards
- Scare Me Is the Only Retirement Plan Josh Ruben Has Now
- Kali Uchis, Wilmer Valderrama, and the Rest of Blast Beat Tell Us What’s Metal
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Will Ferrell, and Everyone Else From Downhill Go Shoeless
- Mila Kunis Reveals Glenn Close Is a Professional Emoji-er
- Andy Samberg, Camila Mendes, and Cristin Milioti Try to Spoil Palm Springs
- Could Rachel Brosnahan Be a Spy?
- The Cast and Creator of Bad Hair Decide Which Hair Is Definitely Haunted
- Miss Americana Did Have to Leave Out Some Taylor Swift Details
- All the Humble, Normal Men Have Returned to Streaming
- Dogs Review Cats
- All of These Film Franchises Take Place Solely on Earth