Grinning Justice Arrives in The Tick Trailer
The Tick is one of the strangest successes in the history of superhero fiction. The brainchild of writer-artist Ben Edlund, he debuted in a comic-shop newsletter in the mid-’80s and has populated comics and TV shows on and off ever since. His latest incarnation comes in Amazon’s upcoming eponymous streaming series, which debuts on August 25. The pilot was quite good, and the trailer doesn’t disappoint, either; it’s filled with genre-poking laughs and unexpected twists of language that demonstrates a mastery of the superhero genre. Plus, it’s got Peter Serafinowicz in a skin-tight blue suit, so what’s not to love?
- The 7 Most Damning Appearances on Who Is America?
- Watch a Cannabis Expert Fact-Check Stoner Movies
- Watch a Sword Expert Fact-check Hollywood Sword Fights
- Pets in Film Are Shook by Human Intimacy
- Chef Dale Talde Critiques Hollywood Food Scenes
- How Realistic Are Shark Attacks in Movies?
- Camp Counselors React to Hollywood Camp Scenes
- The Billy Eichner ‘Let’s Go, Lesbians!’ Meme Is Here to Save the Day
- NYC Stories: Bill Hader and Henry Winkler Have Ridiculous Memories of NYC
- How Realistic Are Hollywood Hacking Scenes?
- A History of the New York Drag Scene That Launched RuPaul
- We Baked a Drake Cake to Celebrate Scorpion
- Sex Educators React to Hollywood’s Sex Scenes
- Why GLOW’s Creators Feel Like They’re Running a ‘Leotard Factory’
- Justin Hartley on Kevin’s Transformation in This Is Us
- How Ryan Murphy Convinced Billie Lourd to Dye Her Hair For AHS: Cult
- Ted Danson on Why The Good Place Is Really About Karma
- Why Matt LeBlanc Embraced Humiliation for Episodes
- Evan Rachel Wood Explains Why Westworld Is an Actor’s Obstacle Course
- Roger Rabbit Changed the Way Hollywood Animates