American Horror Story: Cult Trailer: Sarah Paulson Gets Terrorized by Trump’s Clown-Filled America
Finally, some clarity: After many teasers linking bees, clowns, and the 2016 presidential election to American Horror Story: Cult with no real logical connection, its first trailer peels back some of the mystery. Sarah Paulson plays a woman named Ally who learns of Donald Trump’s election to the presidency and loses her goddamned mind (more than most). She becomes haunted by clowns — a paranoia so real that it even drives her to see a therapist (Cheyenne Jackson) — only to have her waking nightmare exploited by Trump fanboy Kai (Evan Peters) and his minion Winter (Billie Lourd), who starts sneaking clown dolls into Ally’s home posing as the babysitter. Not even the comfort and concern of Ally’s wife (Alison Pill) can console her. “If you get people scared enough, they will set the world on fire,” Kai sneers. Which is worse: Trump’s America or Ryan Murphy’s version of Trump’s America? At least both have Billy Eichner.
- Taylor Garron and Chanel James Made a Whole Movie From Separate Homes
- Matthew Rhys Walks Us Through Getting Humped Off a Bed
- Sam Richardson Is Daddy and He Is Familiar (With Guns)
- Tom Stourton’s Face was Not Allowed to Play Edward Snowden
- Elijah Wood Is Just a Really Nice Guy, Honestly
- Michael Ian Black Owns a Robot Car
- Allow Selling Sunset’s Mary Fitzgerald to Convince You to Move to L.A.
- Meeting the Greatest Band You’ve (Maybe) Never Heard Of