First They Killed My Father Trailer: Angelina Jolie’s Netflix Movie About the Cambodian Genocide
Based on the eponymous memoir by Loung Ung, Angelina Jolie’s Netflix film follows a child soldier serving under the Khmer Rouge during the Cambodian genocide. The casting process, as described in Jolie’s Vanity Fair profile, was the source of controversy when the director seemed to describe an audition process in which children were offered money only to have it taken away (Jolie denied that the casting process was abusive). First They Killed My Father premiered on February 18 in Siem Reap, Cambodia, and will arrive on Netflix September 15.
- Taylor Garron and Chanel James Made a Whole Movie From Separate Homes
- Matthew Rhys Walks Us Through Getting Humped Off a Bed
- Sam Richardson Is Daddy and He Is Familiar (With Guns)
- Tom Stourton’s Face was Not Allowed to Play Edward Snowden
- Elijah Wood Is Just a Really Nice Guy, Honestly
- Michael Ian Black Owns a Robot Car
- Allow Selling Sunset’s Mary Fitzgerald to Convince You to Move to L.A.
- Meeting the Greatest Band You’ve (Maybe) Never Heard Of