The Florida Project Trailer: Willem Dafoe Stars in Sean Baker’s Tangerine Follow-up
In the much-loved Tangerine, Sean Baker fixed his camera upon trans women in Hollywood on Christmas Eve. In his new movie The Florida Project, he’s found a similarly compelling subject: a trio of kids named Moonee, Scooty, and Jancey, Moonee’s mother Halley (Bria Vinaite), and Willem Dafoe, playing the manager of the motel where everyone lives. As the kids find adventure in the the community of cheap motels surrounding Disney World, Halley weathers hardship. “This is a near-perfect film, and a heightening in every way of everything that was great about Baker’s last movie,” wrote Vulture’s critic Emily Yoshida. A24 will release The Florida Project October 6.
- Homeland: In Memoriam
- The Best Video Games for Non-Gamers to Play in Quarantine
- An Ode to Alexis and David’s Constant Bickering on Schitt’s Creek
- Ruth Langmore’s Most Iconic Lines on Ozark
- Don’t Watch These Movies If Quarantine Is Driving You Crazy
- Why Are People Watching Pandemic Movies Right Now?
- Gloria Steinem Describes New York Magazine As ‘Heaven’
- The Circle’s Joey Sasso Shares Some Very Helpful Instagram Tips
- The Go-Go’s Dish On the Music Industry and the Billboard Awards
- Scare Me Is the Only Retirement Plan Josh Ruben Has Now
- Kali Uchis, Wilmer Valderrama, and the Rest of Blast Beat Tell Us What’s Metal
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Will Ferrell, and Everyone Else From Downhill Go Shoeless
- Mila Kunis Reveals Glenn Close Is a Professional Emoji-er
- Andy Samberg, Camila Mendes, and Cristin Milioti Try to Spoil Palm Springs
- Could Rachel Brosnahan Be a Spy?
- The Cast and Creator of Bad Hair Decide Which Hair Is Definitely Haunted
- Miss Americana Did Have to Leave Out Some Taylor Swift Details
- All the Humble, Normal Men Have Returned to Streaming
- Dogs Review Cats
- All of These Film Franchises Take Place Solely on Earth