The Florida Project Trailer: Willem Dafoe Stars in Sean Baker’s Tangerine Follow-up
In the much-loved Tangerine, Sean Baker fixed his camera upon trans women in Hollywood on Christmas Eve. In his new movie The Florida Project, he’s found a similarly compelling subject: a trio of kids named Moonee, Scooty, and Jancey, Moonee’s mother Halley (Bria Vinaite), and Willem Dafoe, playing the manager of the motel where everyone lives. As the kids find adventure in the the community of cheap motels surrounding Disney World, Halley weathers hardship. “This is a near-perfect film, and a heightening in every way of everything that was great about Baker’s last movie,” wrote Vulture’s critic Emily Yoshida. A24 will release The Florida Project October 6.
- A Send-Off for Search Party
- Henry Winkler Demonstrates Why He’s a Better Acting Teacher than Gene Cousineau
- Taylor Garron and Chanel James Made a Whole Movie From Separate Homes
- Matthew Rhys Walks Us Through Getting Humped Off a Bed
- Sam Richardson Is Daddy and He Is Familiar (With Guns)
- Tom Stourton’s Face was Not Allowed to Play Edward Snowden
- Elijah Wood Is Just a Really Nice Guy, Honestly
- Michael Ian Black Owns a Robot Car
- Allow Selling Sunset’s Mary Fitzgerald to Convince You to Move to L.A.
- Meeting the Greatest Band You’ve (Maybe) Never Heard Of