Gary Oldman Is Unrecognizable As Winston Churchill in the New Darkest Hour Trailer
The potential collapse of the United Kingdom circa World War II is in vogue these days. To complement Christopher Nolan’s war blockbuster Dunkirk, Joe Wright’s Darkest Hour will give a look at the man behind Britain’s war effort against the Nazis, Winston Churchill. Portraying the historic prime minister is none other than the illustrious Gary Oldman, and his performance has all the trappings of Oscar bait, based on the debut trailer: a beloved famous figure, a physical transformation (it took 200 hours!), and lots and lots of rousing speeches. Baby Driver scene-stealer Lily James and Rogue One villain Ben Mendelsohn co-star, as Oldman sees Churchill trying to steer Britain from certain doom at the outset of the war. Darkest Hour hits theaters January 2018.
- The Afterparty Cast Will Get That Edwin McCain Song Stuck in Your Head
- A Send-Off for Search Party
- Henry Winkler Demonstrates Why He’s a Better Acting Teacher than Gene Cousineau
- Taylor Garron and Chanel James Made a Whole Movie From Separate Homes
- Matthew Rhys Walks Us Through Getting Humped Off a Bed
- Sam Richardson Is Daddy and He Is Familiar (With Guns)
- Tom Stourton’s Face was Not Allowed to Play Edward Snowden
- Elijah Wood Is Just a Really Nice Guy, Honestly
- Michael Ian Black Owns a Robot Car
- Allow Selling Sunset’s Mary Fitzgerald to Convince You to Move to L.A.
- Meeting the Greatest Band You’ve (Maybe) Never Heard Of