Gary Oldman Is Unrecognizable As Winston Churchill in the New Darkest Hour Trailer
The potential collapse of the United Kingdom circa World War II is in vogue these days. To complement Christopher Nolan’s war blockbuster Dunkirk, Joe Wright’s Darkest Hour will give a look at the man behind Britain’s war effort against the Nazis, Winston Churchill. Portraying the historic prime minister is none other than the illustrious Gary Oldman, and his performance has all the trappings of Oscar bait, based on the debut trailer: a beloved famous figure, a physical transformation (it took 200 hours!), and lots and lots of rousing speeches. Baby Driver scene-stealer Lily James and Rogue One villain Ben Mendelsohn co-star, as Oldman sees Churchill trying to steer Britain from certain doom at the outset of the war. Darkest Hour hits theaters January 2018.
- Chernobyl Stars on How the Series Is Politically Relevant Today
- Freida Pinto Almost Cut Off All Her Hair for ‘Only’
- The Cast of Buffaloed Has Strong Opinions on Buffalo Wings
- Wedding Culture Meets Cancel Culture With the Cast of Plus One
- Teenagers Fact-Check Iconic High-School Movies
- Watch an Astronaut React to Films About Space
- All the Shows Competing to Be the Next Game of Thrones
- Watch People Try to Recap 7 Seasons of Game of Thrones
- Kiernan Shipka and Gavin Leatherwood on Superstitions and Cursed Images
- Watch a Trauma Surgeon React to Action-Movie Injuries
- Watch Kiernan Shipka and Gavin Leatherwood Play A Chilling Game of Mad Libs
- Watch a Combat Expert Review Iconic Onscreen Weapons
- Women React to the 90-Second Orgasm in Long Shot
- Jordan Peele’s Comedy and Horror Aren’t That Far Apart
- Marvel Movie Disguises Are Just the Worst
- Why Is American Idol So Cruel?
- I Need 86,000 People to Believe in Me, Based on What Lady Gaga Says
- Would It Actually Be Possible to Train a Dragon?
- Is Valentine’s Day the Worst Rom-Com of All Time?
- Ghostface Killah Shares the Origin of His 30 Rock Cameo