Gary Oldman Is Unrecognizable As Winston Churchill in the New Darkest Hour Trailer
The potential collapse of the United Kingdom circa World War II is in vogue these days. To complement Christopher Nolan’s war blockbuster Dunkirk, Joe Wright’s Darkest Hour will give a look at the man behind Britain’s war effort against the Nazis, Winston Churchill. Portraying the historic prime minister is none other than the illustrious Gary Oldman, and his performance has all the trappings of Oscar bait, based on the debut trailer: a beloved famous figure, a physical transformation (it took 200 hours!), and lots and lots of rousing speeches. Baby Driver scene-stealer Lily James and Rogue One villain Ben Mendelsohn co-star, as Oldman sees Churchill trying to steer Britain from certain doom at the outset of the war. Darkest Hour hits theaters January 2018.
- Watch a Mixologist Fact-Check Hollywood Bar Scenes
- The 7 Most Damning Appearances on Who Is America?
- Watch a Cannabis Expert Fact-Check Stoner Movies
- Watch a Sword Expert Fact-check Hollywood Sword Fights
- Pets in Film Are Shook by Human Intimacy
- Chef Dale Talde Critiques Hollywood Food Scenes
- How Realistic Are Shark Attacks in Movies?
- Camp Counselors React to Hollywood Camp Scenes
- The Billy Eichner ‘Let’s Go, Lesbians!’ Meme Is Here to Save the Day
- NYC Stories: Bill Hader and Henry Winkler Have Ridiculous Memories of NYC
- How Realistic Are Hollywood Hacking Scenes?
- A History of the New York Drag Scene That Launched RuPaul
- We Baked a Drake Cake to Celebrate Scorpion
- Sex Educators React to Hollywood’s Sex Scenes
- Why GLOW’s Creators Feel Like They’re Running a ‘Leotard Factory’
- Justin Hartley on Kevin’s Transformation in This Is Us
- How Ryan Murphy Convinced Billie Lourd to Dye Her Hair For AHS: Cult
- Ted Danson on Why The Good Place Is Really About Karma
- Why Matt LeBlanc Embraced Humiliation for Episodes
- Evan Rachel Wood Explains Why Westworld Is an Actor’s Obstacle Course