Watch the Trailer for Mudbound, Dee Rees’s Southern Epic That Stunned Sundance
Netflix paid $12.5 million for Dee Rees’s historical drama Mudbound at Sundance, and you better believe it thinks it’s got something great on its hands. The epic follows two families, one white and one black, in the Mississippi Delta after World War II. The cast includes Carey Mulligan, Jason Clarke, Jason Mitchell, Mary J. Blige, Rob Morgan, Jonathan Banks, and Garrett Hedlund, and as seen in the trailer, the movie’s cinematography looks pretty stunning. Mudbound premieres November 17. Time for Netflix to see if it can land itself an Oscar.
- The Afterparty Cast Will Get That Edwin McCain Song Stuck in Your Head
- A Send-Off for Search Party
- Henry Winkler Demonstrates Why He’s a Better Acting Teacher than Gene Cousineau
- Taylor Garron and Chanel James Made a Whole Movie From Separate Homes
- Matthew Rhys Walks Us Through Getting Humped Off a Bed
- Sam Richardson Is Daddy and He Is Familiar (With Guns)
- Tom Stourton’s Face was Not Allowed to Play Edward Snowden
- Elijah Wood Is Just a Really Nice Guy, Honestly
- Michael Ian Black Owns a Robot Car
- Allow Selling Sunset’s Mary Fitzgerald to Convince You to Move to L.A.
- Meeting the Greatest Band You’ve (Maybe) Never Heard Of