The Current War Trailer: Only Benedict Cumberbatch Could Make You Care About a Movie About Electrical Currents
History can often be unsexy, though if Hollywood has proven one thing over the course of a century, it’s that movies can make any part of the past hot. Just look at The Current War, which depicts the 1880s battle between Thomas Edison (Benedict Cumberbatch) and George Westinghouse (Michael Shannon) for domination in electrical distribution. The two men were certainly titans in their day, but hot they were not. Enter Cumberbatch (with an “I want an Academy Award” American accent) and Shannon to spice things up. Oh, and Nikola Tesla is there, too, played by Nicholas Hoult so as to be sure the inventor’s looks aren’t forgotten in the way his legacy was. The Current War will open in select theaters on October 4, 2019, and everywhere on October 11, 2019.
- Homeland: In Memoriam
- The Best Video Games for Non-Gamers to Play in Quarantine
- An Ode to Alexis and David’s Constant Bickering on Schitt’s Creek
- Ruth Langmore’s Most Iconic Lines on Ozark
- Don’t Watch These Movies If Quarantine Is Driving You Crazy
- Why Are People Watching Pandemic Movies Right Now?
- Gloria Steinem Describes New York Magazine As ‘Heaven’
- The Circle’s Joey Sasso Shares Some Very Helpful Instagram Tips
- The Go-Go’s Dish On the Music Industry and the Billboard Awards
- Scare Me Is the Only Retirement Plan Josh Ruben Has Now
- Kali Uchis, Wilmer Valderrama, and the Rest of Blast Beat Tell Us What’s Metal
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Will Ferrell, and Everyone Else From Downhill Go Shoeless
- Mila Kunis Reveals Glenn Close Is a Professional Emoji-er
- Andy Samberg, Camila Mendes, and Cristin Milioti Try to Spoil Palm Springs
- Could Rachel Brosnahan Be a Spy?
- The Cast and Creator of Bad Hair Decide Which Hair Is Definitely Haunted
- Miss Americana Did Have to Leave Out Some Taylor Swift Details
- All the Humble, Normal Men Have Returned to Streaming
- Dogs Review Cats
- All of These Film Franchises Take Place Solely on Earth