The Underbelly of Brooklyn’s Bone-Breaking Flex Dance Scene
In Brooklyn, where the “bone-breaking” contortionist style of dance has its roots, we met with flex dancers and traveled to a battle to witness the competition among some of the city’s top performers, all vying to become front-runners in the ever-evolving flex subculture. Flex isn’t break-dancing, nor is it popping or locking — it’s a Jamaican-inspired New York original.
- The Afterparty Cast Will Get That Edwin McCain Song Stuck in Your Head
- A Send-Off for Search Party
- Henry Winkler Demonstrates Why He’s a Better Acting Teacher than Gene Cousineau
- Taylor Garron and Chanel James Made a Whole Movie From Separate Homes
- Matthew Rhys Walks Us Through Getting Humped Off a Bed
- Sam Richardson Is Daddy and He Is Familiar (With Guns)
- Tom Stourton’s Face was Not Allowed to Play Edward Snowden
- Elijah Wood Is Just a Really Nice Guy, Honestly
- Michael Ian Black Owns a Robot Car
- Allow Selling Sunset’s Mary Fitzgerald to Convince You to Move to L.A.
- Meeting the Greatest Band You’ve (Maybe) Never Heard Of