Film Stars Don’t Die in Liverpool Trailer: Annette Bening and Jamie Bell Will Shatter You
If awards season were fair and just (which we know that it is not) Annette Bening and Jamie Bell would certainly usurp your Oscar predictions list. Their performance as a real life pair of star-crossed lovers in Film Stars Don’t Die in Liverpool is shattering. Bell plays Peter Turner, a young actor in Liverpool who falls hard for Gloria Grahame, a 1950s starlet who’s arrived in Europe for a play. Grahame is sexy, flighty, and sincere, while secretly struggling with her own demons as a fading legend. The story is told along two devastating timelines: their courtship and love affair in flashback, and their lives in present day, as Turner cares for Grahame during an illness. Unfortunately, this trailer doesn’t feature the movie’s totally winning scene of Bening and Bell dancing to disco, so you’ll have to see that in theaters when Film Stars opens December 29.
- Homeland: In Memoriam
- The Best Video Games for Non-Gamers to Play in Quarantine
- An Ode to Alexis and David’s Constant Bickering on Schitt’s Creek
- Ruth Langmore’s Most Iconic Lines on Ozark
- Don’t Watch These Movies If Quarantine Is Driving You Crazy
- Why Are People Watching Pandemic Movies Right Now?
- Gloria Steinem Describes New York Magazine As ‘Heaven’
- The Circle’s Joey Sasso Shares Some Very Helpful Instagram Tips
- The Go-Go’s Dish On the Music Industry and the Billboard Awards
- Scare Me Is the Only Retirement Plan Josh Ruben Has Now
- Kali Uchis, Wilmer Valderrama, and the Rest of Blast Beat Tell Us What’s Metal
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Will Ferrell, and Everyone Else From Downhill Go Shoeless
- Mila Kunis Reveals Glenn Close Is a Professional Emoji-er
- Andy Samberg, Camila Mendes, and Cristin Milioti Try to Spoil Palm Springs
- Could Rachel Brosnahan Be a Spy?
- The Cast and Creator of Bad Hair Decide Which Hair Is Definitely Haunted
- Miss Americana Did Have to Leave Out Some Taylor Swift Details
- All the Humble, Normal Men Have Returned to Streaming
- Dogs Review Cats
- All of These Film Franchises Take Place Solely on Earth