Film Stars Don’t Die in Liverpool Trailer: Annette Bening and Jamie Bell Will Shatter You
If awards season were fair and just (which we know that it is not) Annette Bening and Jamie Bell would certainly usurp your Oscar predictions list. Their performance as a real life pair of star-crossed lovers in Film Stars Don’t Die in Liverpool is shattering. Bell plays Peter Turner, a young actor in Liverpool who falls hard for Gloria Grahame, a 1950s starlet who’s arrived in Europe for a play. Grahame is sexy, flighty, and sincere, while secretly struggling with her own demons as a fading legend. The story is told along two devastating timelines: their courtship and love affair in flashback, and their lives in present day, as Turner cares for Grahame during an illness. Unfortunately, this trailer doesn’t feature the movie’s totally winning scene of Bening and Bell dancing to disco, so you’ll have to see that in theaters when Film Stars opens December 29.
- Watch a Mixologist Fact-Check Hollywood Bar Scenes
- The 7 Most Damning Appearances on Who Is America?
- Watch a Cannabis Expert Fact-Check Stoner Movies
- Watch a Sword Expert Fact-check Hollywood Sword Fights
- Pets in Film Are Shook by Human Intimacy
- Chef Dale Talde Critiques Hollywood Food Scenes
- How Realistic Are Shark Attacks in Movies?
- Camp Counselors React to Hollywood Camp Scenes
- The Billy Eichner ‘Let’s Go, Lesbians!’ Meme Is Here to Save the Day
- NYC Stories: Bill Hader and Henry Winkler Have Ridiculous Memories of NYC
- How Realistic Are Hollywood Hacking Scenes?
- A History of the New York Drag Scene That Launched RuPaul
- We Baked a Drake Cake to Celebrate Scorpion
- Sex Educators React to Hollywood’s Sex Scenes
- Why GLOW’s Creators Feel Like They’re Running a ‘Leotard Factory’
- Justin Hartley on Kevin’s Transformation in This Is Us
- How Ryan Murphy Convinced Billie Lourd to Dye Her Hair For AHS: Cult
- Ted Danson on Why The Good Place Is Really About Karma
- Why Matt LeBlanc Embraced Humiliation for Episodes
- Evan Rachel Wood Explains Why Westworld Is an Actor’s Obstacle Course