Killing of a Sacred Deer Clip: Nicole Kidman and Colin Farrell Bicker Over Mashed Potatoes
Nicole Kidman and Colin Farrell’s two children are plagued with a mysterious disease in this clip from The Killing of a Sacred Deer. They, uh, have different ways of dealing with this: Farrell’s character tries to make small talk over dinner. Kidman’s character wants to cut the bullshit. When he asks her — very politely, very casually — to make mashed potatoes, Kidman gives a brilliantly deadpan reply, her best work this side of Big Little Lies. “Sometimes, Steven, you’re just an incompetent man who goes on and on saying stupid things like ‘Let’s do a scan,’ ‘Let’s do an ultrasound,’ ‘Let’s wear brown socks,’ ‘Let’s go to the beach house,’” she says. “Our two children are dying in the other room, but yes I can make you mashed potatoes.” And that, kids, is a read so thorough it snatched away my appetite.
- Chernobyl Stars on How the Series Is Politically Relevant Today
- Freida Pinto Almost Cut Off All Her Hair for ‘Only’
- The Cast of Buffaloed Has Strong Opinions on Buffalo Wings
- Wedding Culture Meets Cancel Culture With the Cast of Plus One
- Teenagers Fact-Check Iconic High-School Movies
- Watch an Astronaut React to Films About Space
- All the Shows Competing to Be the Next Game of Thrones
- Watch People Try to Recap 7 Seasons of Game of Thrones
- Kiernan Shipka and Gavin Leatherwood on Superstitions and Cursed Images
- Watch a Trauma Surgeon React to Action-Movie Injuries
- Watch Kiernan Shipka and Gavin Leatherwood Play A Chilling Game of Mad Libs
- Watch a Combat Expert Review Iconic Onscreen Weapons
- Women React to the 90-Second Orgasm in Long Shot
- Jordan Peele’s Comedy and Horror Aren’t That Far Apart
- Marvel Movie Disguises Are Just the Worst
- Why Is American Idol So Cruel?
- I Need 86,000 People to Believe in Me, Based on What Lady Gaga Says
- Would It Actually Be Possible to Train a Dragon?
- Is Valentine’s Day the Worst Rom-Com of All Time?
- Ghostface Killah Shares the Origin of His 30 Rock Cameo