Killing of a Sacred Deer Clip: Nicole Kidman and Colin Farrell Bicker Over Mashed Potatoes
Nicole Kidman and Colin Farrell’s two children are plagued with a mysterious disease in this clip from The Killing of a Sacred Deer. They, uh, have different ways of dealing with this: Farrell’s character tries to make small talk over dinner. Kidman’s character wants to cut the bullshit. When he asks her — very politely, very casually — to make mashed potatoes, Kidman gives a brilliantly deadpan reply, her best work this side of Big Little Lies. “Sometimes, Steven, you’re just an incompetent man who goes on and on saying stupid things like ‘Let’s do a scan,’ ‘Let’s do an ultrasound,’ ‘Let’s wear brown socks,’ ‘Let’s go to the beach house,’” she says. “Our two children are dying in the other room, but yes I can make you mashed potatoes.” And that, kids, is a read so thorough it snatched away my appetite.
- The 7 Most Damning Appearances on Who Is America?
- Watch a Cannabis Expert Fact-Check Stoner Movies
- Watch a Sword Expert Fact-check Hollywood Sword Fights
- Pets in Film Are Shook by Human Intimacy
- Chef Dale Talde Critiques Hollywood Food Scenes
- How Realistic Are Shark Attacks in Movies?
- Camp Counselors React to Hollywood Camp Scenes
- The Billy Eichner ‘Let’s Go, Lesbians!’ Meme Is Here to Save the Day
- NYC Stories: Bill Hader and Henry Winkler Have Ridiculous Memories of NYC
- How Realistic Are Hollywood Hacking Scenes?
- A History of the New York Drag Scene That Launched RuPaul
- We Baked a Drake Cake to Celebrate Scorpion
- Sex Educators React to Hollywood’s Sex Scenes
- Why GLOW’s Creators Feel Like They’re Running a ‘Leotard Factory’
- Justin Hartley on Kevin’s Transformation in This Is Us
- How Ryan Murphy Convinced Billie Lourd to Dye Her Hair For AHS: Cult
- Ted Danson on Why The Good Place Is Really About Karma
- Why Matt LeBlanc Embraced Humiliation for Episodes
- Evan Rachel Wood Explains Why Westworld Is an Actor’s Obstacle Course
- Roger Rabbit Changed the Way Hollywood Animates