Post-Matt Lauer, We Need to Redefine the Fatherly Image of American Journalism
For a long time now, we’ve been questioning and debating and dismantling the idea of a journalist as someone who could be entirely without human bias. With scant few exceptions, the default nonpartisan voice we want to speak to journalistic truth looks like America’s dad. To really repair the damage done by Matt Lauer and his ilk, we’d need to reassess the entire idea of fatherly journalists as an unquestioned purveyor of unbiased truth.
- A Send-Off for Search Party
- Henry Winkler Demonstrates Why He’s a Better Acting Teacher than Gene Cousineau
- Taylor Garron and Chanel James Made a Whole Movie From Separate Homes
- Matthew Rhys Walks Us Through Getting Humped Off a Bed
- Sam Richardson Is Daddy and He Is Familiar (With Guns)
- Tom Stourton’s Face was Not Allowed to Play Edward Snowden
- Elijah Wood Is Just a Really Nice Guy, Honestly
- Michael Ian Black Owns a Robot Car
- Allow Selling Sunset’s Mary Fitzgerald to Convince You to Move to L.A.
- Meeting the Greatest Band You’ve (Maybe) Never Heard Of