Overboard Trailer: Kidnapping Rich People Still Funny
If you grew up loving the movie Overboard with Kurt Russell and Goldie Hawn (you have excellent taste, by the way) but you’re worried that the reboot starring Anna Faris and Eugenio Derbez won’t live up to the original then just take a few steps back. This remake isn’t trying to serve you the old Overboard. It’s trying to give you something a little different. This time around, Faris plays a working-class single mom just trying to provide for her family as a cleaning woman, and Derbez plays Leonardo, the rich jerk on a boat who’s lost touch with how the world actually works. And from there we know that when the rich one ends up with amnesia after an accident, it’s the poor family that cons him into thinking he’s part of the family, and ultimately — well, maybe it’s still too soon for spoilers? Whether you do or do not know the ending of Overboard already, you can watch the first trailer for the reboot here.
- A Send-Off for Search Party
- Henry Winkler Demonstrates Why He’s a Better Acting Teacher than Gene Cousineau
- Taylor Garron and Chanel James Made a Whole Movie From Separate Homes
- Matthew Rhys Walks Us Through Getting Humped Off a Bed
- Sam Richardson Is Daddy and He Is Familiar (With Guns)
- Tom Stourton’s Face was Not Allowed to Play Edward Snowden
- Elijah Wood Is Just a Really Nice Guy, Honestly
- Michael Ian Black Owns a Robot Car
- Allow Selling Sunset’s Mary Fitzgerald to Convince You to Move to L.A.
- Meeting the Greatest Band You’ve (Maybe) Never Heard Of