Disobedience Trailer: Rachel McAdams and Rachel Weisz’s Orthodox Romance Movie Is Here
Disobedience stars Rachel McAdams and Rachel Weisz as two women raised in an Orthodox Jewish community who share a forbidden romance. When the one who walked away from her devout upbringing (Weisz as Ronit) returns home, she rediscovers her passion for the best friend she left behind (McAdams as Esti). The movie, directed by Sebastián Lelio, premiered to strong reviews at the Toronto International Film Festival last year, and was similarly hailed by Vulture. “This isn’t a cliché indictment of religious insularity, or the tale of a wife escaping her controlling husband or loveless marriage,” wrote our Jada Yuan. “Instead, it is simply the story of the many forms love can take, and the way that hard choices between who you are and what you know can stand in the way of its fulfillment.” It also has a sex scene between McAdams and Weisz that Yuan called “en fuego” and “mind-blowing,” in case that’s your thing. The film opens in theaters on April 27.
- The 7 Most Damning Appearances on Who Is America?
- Watch a Cannabis Expert Fact-Check Stoner Movies
- Watch a Sword Expert Fact-check Hollywood Sword Fights
- Pets in Film Are Shook by Human Intimacy
- Chef Dale Talde Critiques Hollywood Food Scenes
- How Realistic Are Shark Attacks in Movies?
- Camp Counselors React to Hollywood Camp Scenes
- The Billy Eichner ‘Let’s Go, Lesbians!’ Meme Is Here to Save the Day
- NYC Stories: Bill Hader and Henry Winkler Have Ridiculous Memories of NYC
- How Realistic Are Hollywood Hacking Scenes?
- A History of the New York Drag Scene That Launched RuPaul
- We Baked a Drake Cake to Celebrate Scorpion
- Sex Educators React to Hollywood’s Sex Scenes
- Why GLOW’s Creators Feel Like They’re Running a ‘Leotard Factory’
- Justin Hartley on Kevin’s Transformation in This Is Us
- How Ryan Murphy Convinced Billie Lourd to Dye Her Hair For AHS: Cult
- Ted Danson on Why The Good Place Is Really About Karma
- Why Matt LeBlanc Embraced Humiliation for Episodes
- Evan Rachel Wood Explains Why Westworld Is an Actor’s Obstacle Course
- Roger Rabbit Changed the Way Hollywood Animates