Dogs Review Isle of Dogs
The critics have spoken and they generally really like Isle of Dogs, with our David Edelstein writing, “Nothing fits together and everything harmonizes, magically.” But those were human critics. Sure, they can determine if Wes Anderson’s mise-en-scène was more of a mise-fun-scène, but what do they know about the life and psychology of dogs? So, we asked dogs. Vulture put out a call and found six very good boys to see Isle of Dogs and report back on their thoughts. And we say “thoughts,” because that’s what you hear in the video. Dogs can’t talk, but have you seen Up? It’s like Up. All the dogs are wearing collars that communicate what’s in their heads. And what’s in their heads, well, varies. Some liked it, some hated it, some thought it was scary, some were too distracted to answer a direct question. Here is a review, in the style of dogs.
- The 7 Most Damning Appearances on Who Is America?
- Watch a Cannabis Expert Fact-Check Stoner Movies
- Watch a Sword Expert Fact-check Hollywood Sword Fights
- Pets in Film Are Shook by Human Intimacy
- Chef Dale Talde Critiques Hollywood Food Scenes
- How Realistic Are Shark Attacks in Movies?
- Camp Counselors React to Hollywood Camp Scenes
- The Billy Eichner ‘Let’s Go, Lesbians!’ Meme Is Here to Save the Day
- NYC Stories: Bill Hader and Henry Winkler Have Ridiculous Memories of NYC
- How Realistic Are Hollywood Hacking Scenes?
- A History of the New York Drag Scene That Launched RuPaul
- We Baked a Drake Cake to Celebrate Scorpion
- Sex Educators React to Hollywood’s Sex Scenes
- Why GLOW’s Creators Feel Like They’re Running a ‘Leotard Factory’
- Justin Hartley on Kevin’s Transformation in This Is Us
- How Ryan Murphy Convinced Billie Lourd to Dye Her Hair For AHS: Cult
- Ted Danson on Why The Good Place Is Really About Karma
- Why Matt LeBlanc Embraced Humiliation for Episodes
- Evan Rachel Wood Explains Why Westworld Is an Actor’s Obstacle Course
- Roger Rabbit Changed the Way Hollywood Animates