Ethan Hawke Is Your Hot, Conflicted Priest in A24’s First Reformed
Paul Schrader is pairing up with cool-kid studio A24 to deliver First Reformed, about a small-town priest struggling with his faith. (Call it Silence meets Doubt?) When Amanda Seyfried, playing a pregnant member of the congregation of Father Ernst Toller (Ethan Hawke), seeks his counsel about her radical-environmentalist husband, the grieving pastor’s faith is shaken. The holy thriller premiered at last year’s Venice Film Festival. See it in theaters May 18.
- Taylor Garron and Chanel James Made a Whole Movie From Separate Homes
- Matthew Rhys Walks Us Through Getting Humped Off a Bed
- Sam Richardson Is Daddy and He Is Familiar (With Guns)
- Tom Stourton’s Face was Not Allowed to Play Edward Snowden
- Elijah Wood Is Just a Really Nice Guy, Honestly
- Michael Ian Black Owns a Robot Car
- Allow Selling Sunset’s Mary Fitzgerald to Convince You to Move to L.A.
- Meeting the Greatest Band You’ve (Maybe) Never Heard Of