How Quickly Does This Mr. Rogers Documentary Trailer Make You Weep Happy-Sad Tears?
Go ahead and excuse yourself to the restroom: The trailer for the Mr. Rogers doc Won’t You Be My Neighbor? will surely make you tear up. Directed by Morgan Neville (Twenty Feet From Stardom), the film follows Mr. Roger’s Neighborhood from its debut through the decades of generations the show inspired. With archival footage and interviews with family and friends, the doc aims to show a nuanced portrait of TV’s most endearing, cardigan-sporting host. “I suppose it’s an invitation,” Rogers says of his trademark line. “It’s an invitation for someone to be close to you. The greatest thing we can do is to help somebody know that they’re loved and capable of loving.” See it and sob in theaters June 8.
- Taylor Garron and Chanel James Made a Whole Movie From Separate Homes
- Matthew Rhys Walks Us Through Getting Humped Off a Bed
- Sam Richardson Is Daddy and He Is Familiar (With Guns)
- Tom Stourton’s Face was Not Allowed to Play Edward Snowden
- Elijah Wood Is Just a Really Nice Guy, Honestly
- Michael Ian Black Owns a Robot Car
- Allow Selling Sunset’s Mary Fitzgerald to Convince You to Move to L.A.
- Meeting the Greatest Band You’ve (Maybe) Never Heard Of