This Trailer for Whitney Shows the Receipts
How much do you miss Whitney Houston? She was the “greatest female entertainer of the 20th century,” according to a fan quoted in the trailer for Miramax’s new documentary on the late singer. The doc, simply titled Whitney, shows its receipts: No one could sing like she could. “Don’t! Let! Me! Cuh-lowse one more doooooor!” The legend jumped out when she performed onstage, endearing her to millions of fans around the world. Behind the scenes was a life she wanted to keep simple, according to her family. Whitney is estate-approved, and includes unreleased recordings, home-movie footage, and live performances. (Last summer’s Showtime documentary Whitney: Can I Be Me was not.) See Whitney in theaters July 6.
- Watch a Mixologist Fact-Check Hollywood Bar Scenes
- The 7 Most Damning Appearances on Who Is America?
- Watch a Cannabis Expert Fact-Check Stoner Movies
- Watch a Sword Expert Fact-check Hollywood Sword Fights
- Pets in Film Are Shook by Human Intimacy
- Chef Dale Talde Critiques Hollywood Food Scenes
- How Realistic Are Shark Attacks in Movies?
- Camp Counselors React to Hollywood Camp Scenes
- The Billy Eichner ‘Let’s Go, Lesbians!’ Meme Is Here to Save the Day
- NYC Stories: Bill Hader and Henry Winkler Have Ridiculous Memories of NYC
- How Realistic Are Hollywood Hacking Scenes?
- A History of the New York Drag Scene That Launched RuPaul
- We Baked a Drake Cake to Celebrate Scorpion
- Sex Educators React to Hollywood’s Sex Scenes
- Why GLOW’s Creators Feel Like They’re Running a ‘Leotard Factory’
- Justin Hartley on Kevin’s Transformation in This Is Us
- How Ryan Murphy Convinced Billie Lourd to Dye Her Hair For AHS: Cult
- Ted Danson on Why The Good Place Is Really About Karma
- Why Matt LeBlanc Embraced Humiliation for Episodes
- Evan Rachel Wood Explains Why Westworld Is an Actor’s Obstacle Course