This Trailer for Whitney Shows the Receipts
How much do you miss Whitney Houston? She was the “greatest female entertainer of the 20th century,” according to a fan quoted in the trailer for Miramax’s new documentary on the late singer. The doc, simply titled Whitney, shows its receipts: No one could sing like she could. “Don’t! Let! Me! Cuh-lowse one more doooooor!” The legend jumped out when she performed onstage, endearing her to millions of fans around the world. Behind the scenes was a life she wanted to keep simple, according to her family. Whitney is estate-approved, and includes unreleased recordings, home-movie footage, and live performances. (Last summer’s Showtime documentary Whitney: Can I Be Me was not.) See Whitney in theaters July 6.
- Homeland: In Memoriam
- The Best Video Games for Non-Gamers to Play in Quarantine
- An Ode to Alexis and David’s Constant Bickering on Schitt’s Creek
- Ruth Langmore’s Most Iconic Lines on Ozark
- Don’t Watch These Movies If Quarantine Is Driving You Crazy
- Why Are People Watching Pandemic Movies Right Now?
- Gloria Steinem Describes New York Magazine As ‘Heaven’
- The Circle’s Joey Sasso Shares Some Very Helpful Instagram Tips
- The Go-Go’s Dish On the Music Industry and the Billboard Awards
- Scare Me Is the Only Retirement Plan Josh Ruben Has Now
- Kali Uchis, Wilmer Valderrama, and the Rest of Blast Beat Tell Us What’s Metal
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Will Ferrell, and Everyone Else From Downhill Go Shoeless
- Mila Kunis Reveals Glenn Close Is a Professional Emoji-er
- Andy Samberg, Camila Mendes, and Cristin Milioti Try to Spoil Palm Springs
- Could Rachel Brosnahan Be a Spy?
- The Cast and Creator of Bad Hair Decide Which Hair Is Definitely Haunted
- Miss Americana Did Have to Leave Out Some Taylor Swift Details
- All the Humble, Normal Men Have Returned to Streaming
- Dogs Review Cats
- All of These Film Franchises Take Place Solely on Earth